Another week zooms by as the nights draw in and we’re getting rapidly close to the festive season. Here’s the update from our teams.
Finance – Jay – HackIT workstream DM
- Next Show and Tell: 7th December 2021
- Great progress has been made with a MAA Rules Engine concept
- PTX testing environment is now set up
- MAA Bugs and issues
- Hackney development resource
Manage My Home – Yvonne – HackIT workstream DM
- Detailed discussions are continuing with the Document Storage team
- The team is working excellently at pace – we managed to bring in four new work tickets (two technical enablers and two delivering user new functionality) this sprint – both of which will move us closer to our goal of delivering our first Housing management processes
- Google Groups (permissions) is complex due to the different approaches the teams have taken across the workstreams. Integration is proving trickier than envisaged
- Heading into our last full sprint before the current contract ends
- We have the notifications component documentation but what is currently built is missing a few “must have” requirements for us
Repairs – Sarah – HackIT workstream DM
- Fixed the ‘no access’ jobs being deleted from DRS
- Development meetings with Advanced started off well
- Deployed changes to mobile, improved job view including adding in the job description
- Solving the issue with the operative job splits – we’ve added more logging to see what’s going on
- Keeping all stakeholders onboard while we build the last part of the bonus process ‘closing a week’
Our Digital Marketplace tender process is continuing. We whittled the applications down to a five company shortlist who have until midday Monday 6th to submit their full proposals. We hope to be able to announce a decision shortly after.
Some of our senior stakeholders have said that they want to have access to our test systems so they can see for themselves how our products function. It’s fantastic to have that level of interest so we’ll be setting that up this week.
Speaking of senior leaders, we’re looking forward to taking part in the Housing senior leadership day on Wednesday where we’re going to be presenting about the MTFH work to-date and our future plans to a large audience of departmental managers.
We’re restarting our research into moving away a number of our Housing resident processes from needing so-called “wet signatures” (signatures on a piece of paper). We’re collecting evidence of how this requirement has been removed in central and local government processes so if you have any examples of this please let me know.
We’re still lining up to recruit a senior .NET contractor to help work on the MTFH Finance workstream so if you know anyone who may be interested again, please let me know in a comment below.
A couple of bits I’ve been tardy on. I need to finish writing up the workshop that we had of evolving the governance of our programme and share that for feedback this week. I’m also re-starting the regular catch-ups with the programme Product Owners that stopped when I started the new Lead Delivery Manager role. I’m looking forward to discussing a number of important topics with them, but also really listening to how I can best help them with their goals for their workstreams.