Fixed Term/Secondment Contract (24 months)
£48,309 – £52,192 per annum (PO9) inc. Market Supplement of £57
Closing date: 10 November 2019
HackIT is looking for a Front End Developer. The role will enable us to increase our capacity to develop prototypes and continuously improve our services better to meet user need.
Hackney is building a pattern library so that our team, suppliers and partners can develop consistent user experiences that are intuitive, mobile-first and work for all our users. We have also developed Hackney.gov.uk as a headless CMS on WordPress with a React front-end and this role will be crucial to ensuring that we use this to build content products that meet user needs.
You’ll be part of the leadership of the digital design team, together with our Lead User Researcher and Lead Service Designer, participating in multi-disciplinary teams through Discovery and Prototyping development phases. You’ll also be part of our development team as we move to an API-first approach and support our data and insight team as they build interactive tools for residents and colleagues.
– 5+ years’ experience as a frontend developer
– Passion for CSS and knowledge of Flexbox and Grid
– Comfortable with Sass and PostCSS
– JS-based build tools – Grunt, Gulp, Webpack
– Experience with NPM and GitHub
– Care about accessibility and performance
– An eye for UI and UX
– Desire to work on open source projects
– Be able to work quickly in an agile environment
– Good collaboration skills with designers and other developers