Welcome to Submit My Planning Application weeknotes.
For more general updates, continue to check our project site; showing all the great stuff we’re doing and key information about the project. Alongside the project site, also be sure to check out our blog post.
KEY DATE: We will be having our final Show and Tell next week on Thursday the 22nd August, from 1 – 1:30 PM. We hope to see you there, please try your best effort to attend as it’s our final one!
A big thank you to Peter N (the Applications team manager M3) for helping us understand the payment process more.
What we did this week:
- Testing the ‘Reset Password’ feature to ensure it works
- Testing the verification process when a user comes to use the service via the account creation email
- We’re identifying and fixing minor bugs as we go through the different processes within the service
- We’ve completed the integration to Gov.UK Notify
- We have completed the copy and the testing for the ‘Confirm your Submit my Planning Application account’ email
- We are finalising the copy and setting up templates for 3 more emails
- Our notification emails now have a reply-to address
- We’ve now understood validation for disabled applicants is done by the Planning Team. No validation or process is required in the SMPA product, if payment process incomplete, it should be flagged as a disabled applicant
- We’ve fixed all payload generation issues, the information entered was sent back for users to review but we spent time on improving the formatting
- We did a hard reset in our database due to rogue data being submitted to the database, We had to recreate our accounts and submit applications again. We’ve added extra validation and better error handling to ensure this doesn’t happen going forwards
- We’re working with the development team at Hackney to deploy the service onto Hackney infrastructure
- Hackney will manage data in accordance with their privacy policies – this is data from SMPA
- Working with Sarah to approve Woopra
- There will be further testing to ensure no major bugs are present within our service
- Continuing with the General To Dos; Error 404s and any session timeouts – to ensure all functionalities of the service are working
- Ensure front end bugs are addressed
- Test the ‘Payment receipt’ email
- Ensure that we’re complying with GDPR
- Carrying out Quality Assurance testing
What are we keeping an eye on?
- Integrating with Tascomi
- Address API which is due to go live on Monday the 19th of August
- None this week!
Thanks for reading!
Planning Applications Team
(AKA Emma H, Andy B, Andy E, Ana, Mathew T, Nic and Hidayat).