For more general updates, continue to check our project site; showing all the great stuff we’re doing and key information about the project. Alongside the project site, also be sure to check out our blog post.
A big thank you to Peter N for conversing with Nic about the back end reconciliation between project planner and M3.
What we did this week:
- We have received all the feedback from our assessors on the Service Assessment
- Worked on general testing such as, any timeout sessions and Error 404
- Testing the ‘Reset my password’ email to ensure users can regain access to their account as soon as possible
- The minor bugs when refreshing pages and loading existing data, have been addressed and are being fixed
- We’ve now included a password reset endpoint
- A submission email has been composed and is being implemented. When an application has been submitted, the Hackney Planning Team will be made aware of it
- Gov notify has and is being used to implement transactional emails. By Using Gov notify, we hope to implement consistency in our format and for users to have trust in the emails being sent. As they’ll have the Gov house style
- We are working with the development team at Hackney to deploy the service onto Hackney infrastructure, allowing Hackney to manage data in accordance with their privacy policies – this is data from SMPA
- We’re picking up the Privacy Impact Assessment with Sarah
- There will be further testing to ensure no major bugs are present within our service
- Continuing with the General To Dos; Error 404s and any session timeouts – to ensure all functionalities of the service are working
- Ensuring that we are complying with GDPR
What are we keeping an eye on?
- Integrating with Tascomi
- Address API
- None this week!
Thanks for reading!
Planning Applications Team
(AKA Emma H, Andy B, Andy E, Ana, Mathew T, Nic and Hidayat).