Welcome to Submit my Planning Application weeknotes.
For more general updates, continue to check our project site; showing all the great stuff we’re doing and key information about the project. Alongside the project site, also be sure to check out our blog post.
A joint thank you to Rashmi and Emma H. Rashmi for constantly giving time towards helping us understand what we need to know, as their work will affect our project. And Emma for ensuring that these conversations with Rashmi are still happening and that the learning from it is shared with the rest of the team.
What we did this week:
- Finalised data structure for materials
- Finished work that allows us to get application data out of the service
- Created a secure way to authenticate users so that user data won’t be compromised during login
- Shared integration document with Tascomi
- Completed linking an application to a single account so that you will only ever see your own applications
- Created draft copy for different emails that’ll be automatically sent to Users when interacting with the service, known as transactional emails
- Continued with testing
- Tested whether the data submitted from the front end, comes up in the back end so that the data can be used at a later stage
- Continue working on the submit form because we’ve identified and are fixing bugs
We have made progress on storing user details in their accounts
- Making a decision on a payment provider, either Civica ePay or GovUK Pay
- The URL for our service has been chosen and now we will work with the Hackney Infrastructure team to implement it
- We’re working on the reporting metrics and how we will gather those
What are we keeping an eye on?
- Integrating with Tascomi
- Address API
- None this week
Thanks for reading!
Planning Applications Team
(AKA Emma H, Andy B, Andy E, Ana, Matthew T, Nic).