This week the Leasehold Services Team commenced using the Manage Arrears tool for sending their letter 1 and letter 2 service
charge arrears letters. An initial batch of 266 letters were sent. A low number of bugs were discovered concerned with address formatting and Gov Notify Status. These were addressed during the week.
This week the team also carried out sessions with the Leasehold Team and Product Owner to start understanding requirements for the next phase of Manage Arrears.
We undertook an Income Collection team user feedback workshop where we collected the feedback from our internal users and played this back as part of a ‘Show and Tell’ to our stakeholders across both the Income Collection and Leasehold Services teams.
The Leasehold Services team are using the tool and have sent 266 letters. The response from the agent processing the letters was “My god that was quick!”
We have been able to determine that processing time for a letter is approx 0.66s. Which is substantially faster than manually processing.
We have encountered a bottle-neck in processing between the Universal Housing system and our App. We will investigate this next week.
Next week, we will be working on the Manage Arrears backlog, preparing for the Service Assessment and
The Repairs Hub (RCC) team has been working together in the Unboxed office on Fridays, which has made it easier for everyone to focus on user stories and making progress on key development tasks. Our work last week focussed on:
Integrating Keyfax, a response management software
Raising a repair under the RCC agent’s name
Integrating contractors’ diaries
Talking to the Neighbourhood Contact Centre team to understand if we could reuse some of their work to manage contact information.
We also had our show & tell on Tuesday 14th May, where we talked about all of the above and demoed some of the new features.
Where we are We entered our sprint 6 – which is our last sprint of this information gathering and learning phase.
Last sprint: Sprint 5 Sprint 5: 30/04/19 – 14/05/19, our goal was to complete the setting up of all the exercises and activities that we had planned for our testing, learning and information gathering. So we ensured that the final parts of the test lab for testing new devices was up and running and the user surveys were all sent out to our users in in our test sites and begin to chase users to ensure we collate as much of the response as possible.
This Sprint: Sprint 6 This is our agreed and official last sprint of the learning, discovery and information gathering phase. The ultimate goal is complete all tests – network devices testing in the lab and in the user network; user experience and site analysis in preparation to enter our design and exploratory phase.
Looking ahead The team is excited and enthusiastic about entering the next phase. a lot of learning has happened over the last 6 sprints, and we are keen to begin to interpret all the data that we have collated and start turning them into tangible, meaningful network design. We are bursting with the potential possibilities that we’ll uncover and and how we might make sense of all of them to satisfy our user needs and high level design.
What have we learned Liked: We have enjoyed prompt responses from our various potential suppliers. All our potential suppliers seem to be enjoying working with us in an agile way. Learned: We have learned that collaboration and knowledge sharing is indeed awesome! We have enjoyed collaborating in a multi-disciplinary team in achieving technical and non-technical tasks specifically around delivering and setting up network switches for testing in our lab and on the network. Lacked: Our communication to the world outside our team hasn’t been as good as we would have like. So we’ll ensure that we are working with our product owner to ensure that we are telling the wider ICT and the organisation about the things that we are doing.
Star of the sprint, will be shared between +Isaiah Oketola, +Chidi Oko and +Shafiq Ahmed for all the hard work including working out of hours to get our test sites surveyed and device testing all set up! You guys are really awesome!!!
We’ve been working this week on the spec for the development required from Farthest Gate to bring the Verification Hub in to the parking permit verification process in Liberator. In the first instance, it’ll be (after testing in the test environment) put in front of the existing verification steps including the current Citizen Index. This means we can watch how the VH performs and tweak our matching rules without creating any unnecessary extra effort for either residents or parking staff. We’re still not sure when Farthest Gate will be able to prioritise the work so we may have to consider pausing the project until we get the work scheduled in.
Matthew Keyworth and Tom Clark have managed to successfully connect and authenticate the API to the new ClearCore 5 web service but are still working through the search, possibly because some field names have changed between version 4 and 5.
Steve Farr continues to work to automate and clean up Housing Benefits and housing tenant data to bring it into the VH hub. Our testing has shown we’re already hitting around 57% verification based on Council Tax alone and we’re confident that the inclusion of these data sets will push that up considerably.