This week, two key events took place on the Manage Arrears project, these included;
- Manage Arrears Deep Dive
- Post-Mortem into the delivery of the Manage Arrears – Service Charge Letters
Manage Arrears Deep Dive
Manage Arrears Deep Dive was facilitated by +Cate McLaurin and attended by key project stakeholders to understand the progress, benefits, constraints, challenges and opportunities that have been identified through the work to date on Manage Arrears. The session was very insightful with the key outputs including a collective view of the MVP and an action to move phase three’s business case forward.
Manage Arrears Service Charge Arrears Letters Post-Mortem
Since the ‘bulk sending’ feature was released in May, we have recognised that there has been a number of bugs identified. We have fixed these bugs promptly, including the ones highlighted last week. We thought it would be useful to meet with the Leasehold Service team leads to get a shared understanding of events and lessons learned.
From the Post-Mortem theses were the key findings;
- The Data in UH was poor – +Nick Prince carried out a lot of data cleansing in UH, cleaning up the addresses, sorting out the postal codes and town fields. This process has vastly improved the quality of the data to the extent that the team were able to send over 1000 letters yesterday, with ‘zero’ address validation failures.
- In the future, we will test UHT codes from the front end and backend to ensure there are no errors.
- Our staging (test) environment does not match the Production (Live) environment, this is something we will look into. In the interim, it is good practice to send a single letter in Production each time a new template is added.
Good news: The Leasehold Service team produced 1134 letter this week, which took approx 2 mins to run. Four of these letters failed because the address was just outside of the printable. We have added a card to the backlog to address this. This meant our error rate reduced to 3% which means we are 21 times more efficient than when we completed the first run back in May 🙂