Weeknotes are a way for us to keep people informed about progress on the project. Given the technical nature of the re-platforming work we will use them to explain technical choices that we are making, including the benefit and impact of these choices.
- Enable housing officers to use MaT offline when there is poor mobile coverage
- Enable Hackney to decommission Outsystems, saving £80,000 per year
- Enable Hackney to support, develop and deploy future improvements to MaT more quickly, at lower cost
Ana and Wayne are continuing to come up to speed on the data-driven front-end code. We’re looking forward to them working on the implementation of Introductory Tenancy Visit.
We’re on track to move Manage a Tenancy into Support. We’re having regular meetings with the Support team and everything is progressing on time.
We’re planning more user research to improve the Enhanced Tenant Resident Association (ETRA) service. We’re looking to attending one or more of these evening sessions with Housing Officers to see the tool being used live in the field.
We’re coming up with a plan for what work we could do next. Next week we’re going to be discussing putting together a business to improve Manage a Tenancy and add further features. Part of this will definitely be building on the new excellent Single View service being built in conjunction with the Benefits and Housing Needs team.
We need to make a decision about whether we want a small number of extra days from DXW to help with the hand-over. It might be really useful to have a once-a-week check-in to ensure Ana and Wayne are happy with their new front-end skills.
We are struggling to get everything done before DXW rolls off. We’re confident that all of the data-driven front-end component work will be complete by our first replatformed process, Tenancy and Household Check, might not be completely done by then. This makes it super-important that HackIT have folks will the skills to complete that work and then continue to replatform existing services and introduce new ones.
Thanks to everyone who worked on the project this week – Ana, Bukky, David, Emma, F, Gill, George, Lorraine, Richard and Tuomo.
- The team will continue to do sterling effort to reduce the number of outstanding non-replatforming issues
- Ana will continue to learn more about the data-driven front-end (Wayne is away)
- We will decide what to do about more days from DXW to support the hand-over
- We’ll look into ETRA user research
- We’ll put together a proposal for futher Manage a Tenancy work
- We’ll continue to work with Apps Support to bring MaT into support for non-project work
The following people will be working on the project next week – Ana, Bukky, David, Emma, F, Gill, George, Lorraine, Richard and Tuomo.