Weeknotes are a way for us to keep people informed about progress on the project. Given the technical nature of the re-platforming work we will use them to explain technical choices that we are making, including the benefit and impact of these choices.
- Enable housing officers to use MaT offline when there is poor mobile coverage
- Enable Hackney to decommission Outsystems, saving £80,000 per year
- Enable Hackney to support, develop and deploy future improvements to MaT more quickly, at lower cost
We completed the draft of the proposal for the next round of Manage a Tenancy work. This is now being reviewed by the wider team before discussion begins with the HackIT senior management team about internal capacity planning or writing a business case for the Digital Marketplace.
Ana and have been pairing well to help Ana come up to speed on the data-driven front-end. We’re looking forward to them starting on their own process (Introductory Tenancy Visit).
We’re on track to move Manage a Tenancy into Support. We’re having regular meetings with the Support team and everything is progressing on time.
We need the HackIT management team to work with the team to agree the best way forward. Specifically in terms of potential extra DXW days to help Ana become comfortable taking forward related front-end development work after DXW have left the project.
We are struggling to get everything done before DXW rolls off. While we’re confident that all of the data-driven front-end component work will be complete by our first replatformed process, Tenancy and Household Check, might not be completely done by then. This makes it super-important that HackIT have folks will the skills to complete that work and then continue to replatform existing services and introduce new ones.
Thanks to everyone who worked on the project this week – Ana, Bukky, David, Emma, F, Gill, George, Lorraine, Richard and Tuomo.
No weeknotes next week as David’s away but they’ll be back on 2/4/20.
- The team will continue to do sterling effort to reduce the number of outstanding non-replatforming issues
- Ana will continue to learn more about the data-driven front-end
- We will decide what to do about more days from DXW to support the hand-over
- We’ll review the proposal for future Manage a Tenancy work
- We’ll continue to work with Apps Support to bring MaT into support for non-project work
The following people will be working on the project next week – Ana, Bukky, David, Emma, F, Gill, George, Lorraine, Richard and Tuomo.